SPRING CLEANING 2019 - DAY 3
Clean The Medicine Cabinet
Hands up if you have old creams you never use; expired medicine bottles and Kiehl’s samples from 2017 lurking in your Medicine Cabinet. Yep! Me too. I can’t seem to part with most of the stuff I have in there, even though I know I’ll never use it. Time for a stock-take! This is an easy weeknight activity and will really streamline your morning routine. IMPORTANT: This is the first step in a two-part deep clean; we’ll get to surfaces later.
TIME: 1-2 Hours
HOW TO DO IT:
- Grab a used towel (or two) and lay them out on the floor outside your bathroom.
- Starting at the top, carefully remove everything from your cabinets and place them on the towels.
- Remove the glass shelves from the cabinet if you can and carefully wash them with dish soap and a sponge in the bathroom sink. You can put a small towel in the sink first if you’re a dropper, like me.
- I use gloves for this part because shelves get a bit slippery when wet. Dry thoroughly and put aside.
- Starting at the top, spray the inside of your cabinet with All-Purpose Cleaner.
- Now give the outside a spray and wipe, too. Especially the top.
- As you start to replace things, use your trash bin liner to throw away anything you need to toss. Don’t just throw it, loosey-goosey into the trash. You need to bag it first. This is an important step because you don’t want expired medicine falling into the wrong hands.
- Keep going and do the same thing with your Make-Up drawer and bathroom vanity cupboards.
- Throw your used towel in the laundry and it’s time for a treat!
REWARD: I suggest ripping into a few of those old cosmetic samples and using them on your feet with some socks. Slap a mask on and reward yourself with an hour of television while the mask dries and you have tea and cookies on the sofa.